Saturday, April 7, 2012

Verizon Sucks

So, I recently broke my phone, six days after my purchase. It is one of those fancy Razr smartphone type deals. I discovered Verizon's marketing strategy through this debacle. Apparently, their warranty starts coverage a month after the purchase date. Also, their "indirect distributor" Wireless Zone, gave m their own version of a warranty.

Now, I could switch to a less "cool" phone, with no 4G and all that, but if I do that, Verizon does not allow you to get the data plan back. Verizon locks their customers into a data plan, and if you ever break your phone, you can not use any other phone than a 4G model.

So, after Verizon gets a new customer, they lock them into their plan, with the idea that the customer can't leave his $30 a month data package, or else he will never get it back on that line. How does that make sense?

They are limiting their ability to get new customers, because their service is not "customer friendly". It is just another way in how corporations screw their customers, unknowingly. So, for the next month I cannot get a phone, until my insurance plan "Starts", because I broke my phone too soon. If a life insurance policy operated in the same way Verizon's warranty works, then you wouldn't be able to receive benefits for dying unexpectedly soon.

So thank you Verizon for telling me to wait three weeks before I ask for the service I purchased with my phone.

1 comment:

  1. In response to Evan’s Post: Verizon Sucks
    The phone technology is a very strange business. Like Verizon, the phone companies are more interested in sticking people in these phone data plans, which have many restrictions and several monthly charges. Each of these plans have specific restrictions which people do not fully understand when they are buying the phone. The plans are great until you start to have problems with the phone, then the technicians only help you for a price and it is almost impossible to get a new phone.

    Do you think this is the right way to do business if you were the phone companies?
    Since people keep coming back and continue buying the same data plans, do you think there ever will be a change? Will the phone companies make these plans user friendly or complicate them more?

    ReplyDelete